Punta Cana Beaches & Mountains
Experience Dominican Beaches & Mountains with accommodation and tours included.
This is a vacation package in Punta Cana area that lets you closely experience the local living, culture and natural life of the Dominican Republic in one week. We offer traditional and authentic accommodation in Punta Cana area, as well as trips and activities that make you have a real impresion of what the living of this beautiful caribbean island is at the mountains and beach towns. Our goal is to give you access to what we believe can be a beautiful life experience in the caribbean, giving you the chance to relax and recconect to yourself, know about other cultures, and feeling all of the good vibes that we put into our rooms / trips / vacation packages. In contrast to staying in resorts and other vacation packages offered around Punta Cana in which you only see tourism infrastructure that gives you a distorted idea of what this caribbean paradise can offer, We host you at traditional, rustic and cozy accommodations in the natural countryside off of the beaten path and take you to wonderful destinations and points of interest to enhanse your local experiences.
This vacation package includes:
- 1 week of accommodation in authentic private rooms. 3 nights at Macao Beach Hostel Punta Cana & 3 nights at Salto Taíno Rancho Hotel (near the beach & in the mountains at Punta Cana area).
- Dominican traditional breakfast every morning.
- 1 Walking tour around Macao Beach.
- 1 Full day trip (see options here) or surfing lesson at Macao Surf Camp.
- Transportation from Macao Beach Hostel to Salto Taino Rancho Hotel.
- 1 night of campfire with live music. Dominican Rum, traditional Dominican drinks and soft drinks are included during this night.
- 1 Hiking in the mountains (you see Taino indigenous ceremonial stones with petroglyphs).
- 1 Tour to Coffee + Cocoa farms.
- Access to river-water-swimming pool and facilities at Salto Taíno Rancho Hotel.
Note: This vacation package is for 2 to 8 people. If you are traveling in a group of 8+ people click here and get acces to group disccounts and cupons.
Day 1: Arrival and optional transfer to Macao Beach Hostel – Punta Cana.
You check-in at Macao Beach Hostel and start getting familiar with the caribbean vibes of the Dominican Republic. We arrange your airport pick-up under request, so you can easily make it to the hostel.
Day 2: Macao Beach Walking excurssion.
Be ready for your first day of full inmersion into the Dominican culture. At 8:00 am the walk through Macao Beach town starts. First, visit one of the local stores where you will be served breakfast while getting in touch with the smily and friendly local people, and enjoying a good cup of Dominican coffee. After that, you will be guided through town to see the school, church, local bussines and points of interest for locals that will give you a deeper understanding about Dominican culture and traditions. Then, continue to get in touch with the more natural side of Macao by visiting the River Moimón right at the spot where it meets the Caribbean sea, a fresh water lake and the pristine Macao Beach. Lastly, get home at Macao Beach Hostel by 12:00pm. For the rest of the day you can choose between staying in town to explore more and to enjoy the beach and the sourounding areas or going onto extra excursions not included in this vacation package.
Day 3: Dominican Day trip or Surfing lesson at Macao Surf Camp Punta Cana + Transfer.
Have your breakfast served from 8am to 10am and be ready at 11am to have your included activity of the day.
Option 1: Day trip is chosen by you between 2 great destinations in the Dominican Republic near Punta Cana
- Bayahibe – National Park of the East: swim into a beatiful antique cave, relax at Bayahibe beaches and see the process for some of the main Dominican products and handcraft at small local factories. More details here.
- Miches – Montaña Redonda: go to the mountain that offers one of the most espectacular views in the Dominican Republic, have lunch in a local restaurant in the fisher town of Miches and finish the day at the gorgeous Playa Limon (Lemon Beach). More info here.
- Punta Cana Beaches: spend your day going to some of the main beaches around Punta Cana: Cabeza de Toro, Uvero Alto & Bavaro Beach. Visit local shops and try the typical food of the east of the island. May be you would like to avoid this day trip if you are not into being at highly touristy spots.
Option 2: Surfing Lesson at Macao Surf Camp Punta Cana
Get a personalized surfing lesson in the most popular surfing school in Punta Cana area. Macao Surf Camp and its wonderful expert crew will give you the theory and confidence to jump into the water to surf the waves of the caribbean sea. The lesson lasts 2 hours and includes coconut water and seasonal fruits. Also, if you feel like having more lessons you can get them on disccounted prices.
After having a day of fun and adventures you are taken to the mountains at the end of the afternoon. You check in at Salto Taíno Rancho Hotel. Time to relax in middle of some of the mos beatiful mountains in the Dominican Republic.
Day 4: Hiking in the mountains of Anamuya.
The chef has your breakfast ready from 7:30 am. After breakfast you set yourself for a 2-3 hours walk through the mountains that starts at 9:00 am, and of course, to enjoy the best of the natural environment and wonderful views tha Anamuya mountains offer. Besides the amazingly clean air and breathtaking landscapes, a stone with indigenous petrglyfs, local grows and the life around the River Moimón will make this walk a beatiful experience in the Dominican Republic in which you will get to see the real life and living of the island. Around mid day you are back at home at Salto Taíno Rancho Hotel. For the rest of the day feel free to enjoy the natural water swimming pool, restaurant and facilities at the Rancho or you can also go onto extra excursions not included in this package.
Day 5: Walking tour to Coffee + Cocoa farms.
As well as the day before, breakfast from 7:30 am. At 9:00 am be ready to start walking through beautiful traditional Coffee and Cacao farms where you will be able to try a wide variety of Dominican organic products such as coffee, chocolate, cocoa butter, coconut oil among many others. Also, you can presence and learn about the proceses to make coffee and cocoa products directly from local friendly farmers that guide you trhough their humble factories, grows and even their homes.
Day 6: Free day! Spend it as you like.
In the 6th day of your vacation package you design your day as you like. Breakfast is ready from 7:30 am until 9:30. After, you can opt for spending all day long in the area to relax and live the peace of the mountains. Or, you can also choose any of the extra activities we can arrange for you such as day trips, excursions, surfing lessons and adventures. around Punta Cana and many other destinations in the Dominican Republic.
Day 7: Check-out and optional transfer to the airport or other locations.
Breakfast from 7:30 am to 9:30 am. Check out time is 12:00. However, depending on your flight time departure or your plans to get your next destination and our occupacy, we can be flexible with check out time.
Note: This is just a suggested itinerary indicative of what could be possible in your Punta Cana vacation package. We tailor holidays for your specific needs. Contact us if you want modifications so that we could tailor a holiday to suit your need for an unforgettable time in the Dominican Republic.